Sunday, March 6, 2011

Visits with a Purpose

I got off of work yesterday at 4 and had to promptly jump in the car and zoom (if you can call 2 hours zooming) to the little town that was home a little less then a year ago.  One of my very near and dear friends has been commuting from the city to be a part of the play "Doubt".  It was wonderful.  She did amazingly well.  It was a great trip that last 4 whole hours and then I returned to my current life because I have responsibilities here on Sundays now.  It was like a dream.  I don't know if you have ever had that kind of experience in real life but I have.  There have been a few other times where I have veered so quickly from the life I am living onto some tangent and quickly returned.  Those times leave me spinning circles and evaluating every part of my life.  Except for last night's trip.  I left the play house knowing that I was good.  That a short visit was nice but it was nothing compared to the joy that I have found in the city... I love it.  I'm glad I'm here and I realized that this is more home then that.  It's taken a little longer to make the conversion to calling this city home, but home it is and that is really fun for me.  It was a great visit that had a great purpose beyond going to a play in a community theater.

Big City Lady,

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment