Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break

I miss spring break mission trips.  


Like this one to Panama City Beach for "Beach Reach" in 2006.

There isn't a lot that I really miss about college because I really love the life I have now, but I do miss spring break mission trips.  When else do you get to pile into vans with people that you kinda' know and come back so tight it feels strange not to be together after only seven days of being gone?  

All the college kids are getting back from their big trips to New York City, Big Break, and the like and it makes me miss those days of roaming around a city and looking for people to share Jesus with.

Even as I write this I realize that this should be my everyday life.  That spring break is not the only time I can go around spreading the truth and love of the Lord.  It's not something that only radical college students can do when they are on spring break.  It's something that we all should be doing and it's something that I struggle with.  I don't normally strike up conversations with people so that I can tell them about Jesus.

I don't normally pray for strangers on the street.

I don't normally give rides to people who need them.

I don't normally spend 24 hours a day with people that I want to build relationships with.

Maybe I should.  Maybe I should be praying for people on the streets.  Maybe I should be helping out those that I can help.  Maybe I should be more intentional about the relationships in my life.  

Maybe I should go on Spring Break everyday and make the most of what I've been given.

Nostalgic and noticing it,

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment