Friday, March 4, 2011

It's that time of year again...

Every year around April or May (sometimes as early as March) I start to get antsy... I start wanting to change things; be it where I live, what I do, what I wear or whatever, I just want to change things.  It just doesn't feel right for me to be somewhere for more then a year.  I don't necessarily mean change cities or towns, just the place where I live, but not this year.  This year I'm staying put.  I'm not packing bags to go away for the summer or boxing up everything to move to a new place (or storage unit).  I'm staying put.  And it kind of makes me ache a little.  So I've decided to cut my hair.  I've been growing it out for a few years (in case some tall dark and handsome fellow where to come along and propose and my hair would be long enough to fix in our wedding, and to donate to Locks of Love) and woke up on Tuesday morning knowing that it was time.  The weather is getting warmer, my hair is getting more and more broken with every passing day, and I'm using waaayy to much shampoo and conditioner.  I can not support a bottle a month need for this mess on top of my head.  As soon as I can squeeze a hair cut into my schedule (and budget) this will happen.  I'm beginning to get super excited about it.  I think my only requirement is that Patsy (my hair dresser) doesn't cut bangs into again.  I'm done with that scene.

Long locks no more!

Mel C

P.S. I'll post pics of the current length soon so that you have an idea of how much hair I have.  (It's never been this length at any other point in my life, ever.  Not even in High School.)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah no moving boxes! Let that soak in and feel good! I'm excited to see the new hair do!

    Laura's Last Post: Girl Scout Cookie Pie

    ReplyDelete