Friday, March 11, 2011

The Doldrums

The last few months have been breath taking in my life.  God has been doing some great things.  He has revealed areas that had to change in my life, helped me in changing them, healed me, and moved me miles forward in a very short time.  It's been the kind of time in my life where so much has happened that every moment has been new, fresh, exciting and exhilarating.

Only once before have I ever experienced a time like this.  It was an equally amazing time where I was taught more they I can begin to explain.  But something I always forget about times of extreme growth and rejuvenation is that they are followed by a much slower time.  A time where not much happens because you have to adjust to being this new person.  You have to take what had been shown to you and begin to apply it to your everyday life.  To prove that you have really changed, and I don't mean to prove it to God but to yourself.  I think that God factors these doldrums into our lives so that we can adjust to the person he is making us into.

If God where to completely rework you and then throw the new you into the mess that is this world with out any time to adjust then you are more likely to fail and to fail grandly.

I am in the doldrums right now.  I slept 12 hours last night because I've been going full speed ahead for two months.  The past week I've not been very good about having a quiet time because I've been so tired and stretched thin.  I feel like the world is going in slow motion so that I may hold tight and stay firm in the newness of me.  God is giving me this time in the doldrums to adjust, reset, reaffirm who I am now and to prepare for the next big flurry of activity.

It's a good time of deep breaths and at the same time I find myself frustrated, annoyed, and disappointed with myself.  I have to remember that I need this time.  That this has nothing to do with my failure or performance but is just a time to breath deep and settle into how I have been changed in the last two months.

Thankfully resting,

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment