Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inexperienced.

So, I live in this new city.  I'm part of a singles group at my new church.  The only reason why large groups of "singles" get together is so that they will hopefully not be single any longer. I would like to note that my singles group married 28 people out in the last year, the rate of success here is pretty good.  (That's right I know the stats, but I didn't ask for them; that's makes it less pathetic right?)  This hit me full on this week.  For most people this wouldn't be a problem.  For me it's an issue.

It's not an issue because I want to stay single forever, it's an issue because I don't want to be single forever and I've realized that I have no idea how to interact with a BOY with out shutting him down or making him feel like he has been put into the dreaded "friend" pile.  This week while I was out with my students I was getting hit on and didn't even know it until they told me.  Oh goodness.  And not only that, it's been so long since I've been attracted to someone that I'm not even sure how to communicate that feeling (or how to deal with it)...

Very rarely do I find myself in situations where I have no experience, but this whole love life thing is completely out side of the scope of my experiences.  I feel like a middle schooler at her first dance. Does that feeling ever go way?  (I mean, there should be a cut off for that feeling.  26 is way to old to feel like I'm 12 again.  What's with the sweaty palms and junk?)  Just where my head is tonight.

Inexperienced and nervous,

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment