Friday, February 18, 2011

High Point of the Week

So, it's the end of Valentine's Week here in the city and I can't help be think about how it's been a great week.  Don't get your hopes up, I'm still single; but it's been a really great week.

 I would have to say that the highlight of the week was Valentine's Day it's self.  Well, not so much the day as it was that night.  The singles department at my church hosted a Parent's Night Out event (free baby sitting) for families so the adults could enjoy their evening together.

I was in the 2-3 year old room with a couple of other people.  3 semi-adults plus 8  two-three year olds for three hours equals sweet glory.  My favorite part of the night was when I pulled my hair down out of it's pony tail and one of the little girls said this (and I'm not kidding this is really what she said) "Your hair is like Rapunzel."  Thank you Disney for putting that story into her little heart so that I could laugh and reflect on it for the entire week.  And of course the next course of action was for three or four of the kids to start "fixing" my hair, it was fantastic.  (You know that's it's a secret desire of mine that I would have personal fashion assistants and such.)
It was adorable and unforgettable.  The funniest thing for me is that my hair really isn't that long, my little sister's hair is way longer right now.  (I'm trying to convince her to give to locks of love with me.)  And hey, isn't her hair how Rapunzel got her man?  Maybe I'm on to something here.  My friend George from college would say the long hair is a deal breaker for him.  I'm going to stop before I wonder off down some strange twisted trail lamenting my singleness (which I am throughly adoring right now).

One long haired lady, 

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment