Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today is the day that our nation takes time to give thanks.  I love this holiday, I would even be willing to label it as my favorite holiday of the year.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and I enjoy giving (and getting) gifts and celebrating the birth of my Savior.  But there is just something about thanksgiving that makes it sparkle in my life.  Maybe it was because we always tried to fit the entire family into my grandmothers house for so long.  Or just spending time with my family for no reason.  I treasure this time of year.  I love the laughter and smiles that go with card games after lunch.  The shopping the next day is so unproductive that it's laughable, but it is a tradition that carries on because it's an excuse for us to spend time together.  I love Thanksgiving because it's a time when my family can gather together and enjoy each other with the purpose of enjoying each other.  



Something else about Thanksgiving is that it is centered on reflecting over the ways we have been blessed and how much we have to be Thankful for.  I began my day by making breakfast for the ladies of the house because I will not be having lunch with them.  It was enjoyable and a time that we got to relax and dine together before the craziness of the season catches up with us next week.  


So, for today I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to you and all that you love.  May you travel safe, eat well, and love much!


Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment