Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why do we ladies feel that pain is necessary to be beautiful?

Tonight and tomorrow night are important nights for the house.  It's our annual banquet nights in two separate cities and it's kind of fancy.  As we were at a pre-function luncheon on of the ladies asked if she could pluck my eyebrows.  I personally have no issues with my eyebrows, she however really wants to shape them up.  Which I appreciate her wanting to "enhance my beauty" (her words, not mine) but I do not want to sit in a chair and let someone remove the hair above my eyes with tweezers.  I will gladly go to a trained professionally and let them rip all the excess hairs out with wax and cloth, but that whole tweezing thing is torture and should be used by spies.  "We'll see if you talk when I'm through ridding you of all your eyebrows.... mmmuuuuuuhhahahahahahah!"



I've also spent the last hour squeezing into some hose and debating if I wanted to wear the shoes that look good but make my toes go numb or the ones that are fun and functional.  I'm not sure I understand how our minds work on this whole beauty thing.  I think that we are taught at a very early age that if it hurts then it must make you look good.  If that's true then I may very well look amazing because I can't take a full breathe, have a bobby pin digging into my scalp, my feet are tingling, and my waist is bound to the point that I'm pretty sure may be preventing proper organ functions.  Why do you think we feel that we have to put our selves through this kind of thing?

Mel C


I just spent the last 5 or so hours in heels that have no padding, panty hose and spanks that restricted my breathing and 5000 bobby pins in my head and now have an answer to why I would be willing to put myself through such barbaric rituals.  People noticed me tonight that normally wouldn't have.  Sometimes that's all a girl wants.  So maybe that's why beauty is such a big issue.  We feel the need to be beautiful, the need to be noticed as something very defiantly not male.  We are something completely different from male, we are female and we like for people to notice that from time to time.  So, ladies really apparently just want to be pretty.  Maybe we are all just little girls at heart after all. 


Pretty in pain - Melc @11:05 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment