Sunday, December 12, 2010

Avoiding the Necessary and Making My Bucket List

So, I've been avoiding this blog for a few weeks.  It's not something I'm proud of just a continuation of a well established bad habit.  I tend to avoid things that I'm uncertain about.  Let me give you a few examples.  I currently should be finishing up a training manual for work, putting together several craft-based Christmas gifts, cleaning my bedroom, organizing my desk, putting together a DVD for Tuesdays graduation service, folding clothes, and any other number of things.  So, I've decided to blog for the first time in two weeks because none of the rest of that is really calling my name right now.

Why I've been avoiding my blog is a completely different story.  I just am not really sure that I like the direction this whole thing is going in.  I like having a place to express myself, but I'm struggling with expressing myself here.   Maybe I need some kind of point in this.  Or perhaps I struggle because the idea of this being out there for the whole wide world to read is scary (even though I've only told 3 people about it and so I'm slipping under the radar of local and international interest).  I think the real reason I'm having a hard time is because I'm afraid of being rejected.  I don't like to do things that I'm not sure I'll be successful at.  I prefer to ignore my homework when it scares me.  I don't clean once my space gets past a certain point because, well I'm lazy and get annoyed at my lack of concern for tidiness. But I didn't get on here today to talk about why I procrastinate, I got on here to respond to a post from my dear friend at http://southernsimplifying.blogspot.com/.  Earlier this week she posted about her bucket list and tagged several other bloggers (including me) and asked what would be on our bucket lists, so here it goes:

MY BUCKET LIST

  • I want to visit more countries then my step-grandfather did.  (He went to over 90 countries in his life.  I am currently at 8, well 9 if you count America.) 
  • I want to recreate some of the pictures that I have of my Grandmother in those places.  (There are some pretty awesome black and whites of her in places like Rome, Venezuela, Peru, all over Europe.  It's been really cool to look through them and be able to say, "Hey, I've been there.)
  • I want a family, a big huge family.  We're talking at least 4 kids and who ever else wants to join us can.  (Table for 12 please.)
  • I want a marriage that reflects the love and forgiveness of God.  (aka someone who is can forgive all the mistakes that I make on a regular basis.)
  • I would like to pull myself together long enough to write a book.
  • I want to be debt free (that may not sound that exciting to you, but for me it would mean a new kind of freedom).
  • I want to see the 7 wonders of the world.
  • I want to spend some time in the Amazon River Area.  (like several months)
  • I want to go out "dressed to the 9's" for no real reason.
  • I would like to pay someone to do my make up for me for at least a week (random, but true.  I've always wanted my own personal stylist.)
  • I want to dance (classy kind of dancing) under a street light with out a care about who is watching.
I think that's a good start.  There are a lot of other things I want to do, but these are the ones that have come up first.  So, there you have it.  11 things that I hope to do before I die.  And honestly I believe that God has more exciting things then this for me, I'm just to nervous to put them in writing at this point.  So, what's your bucket list look like?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your back dear friend! You know I think you're amazing writer, and hope you find the exact outlet you need to express yourself. Okay, I'm secretly praying it's this one because I enjoy reading it so much :) Love, LOVE your bucket list! Thanks for participating! Love you lady!

    Laura's Last Post: A Photography Weekend

    ReplyDelete