Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Find

I don't know who does the grocery shopping in your house, but I do the shopping here.  I have the distinct privilege of shopping for a house of 12 adults.  We have a budget of around $200 a week.  I say around because I have a little bit of room to play.  A very little bit of room to play, and this week I played some.  I tend to hop around a lot.  Sometimes I shop at Wal-Mart some time Kroger.  Once I even drove the half an hour to Meijer (the money I saved was spent in gas to get there and so it is out of the rotation.

Anyway this past week I went to Wal-Mart because it was closest and easiest in the time that I had to shop.  As I was headed down "action ally" on the grocery side I found the trail mix aisle that I had missed the other 17 times I had been there.  I started looking because we try to have healthy snack options that also pack a nice serving of protein.  As I was looking I found some good sized bags of stuff for around $3 a piece.  Some thing you need to know about the ladies of the house is that they love them some spicy food.  Our director says that it's because their taste buds have been so dulled by their drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, and what ever else have you that they need the spice to engage their taste buds.  Me, I just like the hot flavors and tend to have a heavy hand when I use spices.  So I picked up a pack of Wasabi Peas.  Oh my goodness.  I have never had them before and it's like dawn is happening in my sinus' when I eat them.

None of the ladies enjoy them so that means that they pretty much are mine.  I like the sizzle through my nose and into my eyes when I eat them.  They are so tasty.  I just thought I would share that with you today.  So, if your heart desires go get you some and enjoy!

Mel C

P.S.  Here is my favorite line from my favorite romance movie, "The Last of the Mohican's."  The lead male (Daniel Day Lewis as Nathaniel) says this to his love interest (some woman in the role of Cora) when he leaves her behind to save her.  Such a great moment.
"Stay alive, no matter what occurs.  Stay alive, I will find you.  No matter how long it takes, no matter how far; I WILL find you."

No comments:

Post a Comment