Thursday, October 13, 2011

Creative Changes

When I think about what it takes to be a writer I consider how I used to write.  I used to write on an almost daily basis.  I felt like I had something new to express every day and so I expressed it.  Everything started changing when I began to find other outlets.  When I was writing everyday it was because I didn't do any other creative activities.  

That all changed when I began to work at a bakery after college.  That provided me with a lot of outlets for my creativity.  I was daily discovering new things, new ways to do stuff, and thinking of new ideas when it came to bakery products and their presentation.  

Now I am in the new job and find that I don't have the same feel as I did before the bakery even now.  I want to write often but at the end of the day I find that I'm super worn out and have taped the bottom of my creative tank after 8 hours of work.
As I've reflected on this phenomenon in my life I realized that I really do like being creative, and I'm able to be creative in a whole lot of different ways.  In college I wrote, at the Bakery I baked, here I counsel, advise and love those around me.  It's crazy how different the same person can be at different times.  I love watching how God is taking the woman that I am and making me into the woman that he wants me to be.  I love watching God use different things to change people and their thought process.  I love watching things change and shift at the hand of God.  It's a blessing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment