Friday, April 29, 2011

Secret Church

Last Friday night I was one of 50,000 other people who sat under the teaching of David Platt from The Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham, Alabama.  It blew my  mind.  It was 6 hours of teaching from the Bible about the Bible using the Bible.  There wasn't a lot of cute stories, just scripture and tons of it.

As a result I've been using the very first secret church (from 2006) in the house with the ladies and they are loving it.  It's all available free online, complete with study guides and videos.  I just wanted to give a shout out to a ministry that is doing great things and to make other more aware of it's existence. If you have the time, check it out.  You will learn something from it.  (If you dig around long enough you can also find a place to donate to those that are having to rebuild after this week's storms.)

So here it is:  http://www.disciplemakingintl.org/  just go to the resource library and they'll take care of you.

If you want to learn more about David Platt (he has also written a few books) and the ministry of The Church at Brook Hills you can go here:  http://www.brookhills.org/

In the words of Levar Burton, don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself,

Mel C

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Definitely going to spend some time perusing. I've been thinking about your previous post too. Sorry I've been so delayed. It's not free, but I really have enjoyed Forty Days on the Mountain by Stephen Smallman.

    Laura's Last Post: Random Thursday

    ReplyDelete