Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I went grocery shopping with my parents last Friday night.

I know it's an interesting way for a 26 year old to spend their Friday night, but it's tradition that the whole family goes grocery shopping on Fridays.  It was that way when I was growing up and will probably stay that way unless my father really does retire at some point and they start going to senior citizen day at Kroger or something like that.

I wouldn't have life any other way for my family, it's predictable and consistent (except for the weeks where there is a community festivity of some sort and random holidays or birthdays)

Friday night trips mean one thing in my life; Mom will buy whatever I slip into the cart, sometimes with out knowing it.  When I was in college this was a sweet deal for me, I had no money so I would cash out all my lose change for gas money and go home so my family could provide me with groceries for the next month.  When my sister left for college a few years later she began to follow in that tradition.  It's been fun to watch my parents do this for us.  As I've gotten older I've stopped putting stuff into the cart because I'm 26, my parents should not be buying my groceries (unless it's a birthday gift type thing, which was a great gift that I loved receiving).  But I digress...

This past Friday I slipped 3 things into the cart; shampoo, conditioner, and the one, the only...



PEEPS
These bad boys are golden, just fantastic and 10 of them officially became mine.... Needless to say I've had 3 this morning.... I'm so glad that I don't buy this junk for myself, but I'm so thankful that my Mommy will buy them if I ask her too!  Yea for sugar coated Marshmallows!

Here's to all my Peeps!

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment