Monday, April 25, 2011

Got Any Ideas?

We are going through a lot of administrative transitions at work right now, which means that my job title has changed.  I am now responsible for the curriculum for our students.  The ladies are adults and our main focus in the classroom is to teach them how to study the Bible, live addiction free lives for God, to be whole and complete in their identity with out other people's approval, how to be Godly wives/mothers/women, and just over all how to live and be sober (you know, the little stuff).  We have around 15 hours of class a week and I am looking for some new material.

I am really looking for great, cheap, and easy to use resources to teach our students how to live financially healthy, how to have a balanced life-style, what to look for in a church home, how to manage and run a household, some really great in depth Bible studies, etc.  Pretty much any topic you can imagine is open for use.

I am also just looking for some great teaching resources (videos, short lessons, activities, etc.) to use in devotions/chapel time.

Please, please, please let me know if you have any suggestions.  I would love to look into them and have some help diving into this whole "mess."  I'm really excited to see what we can come up with.

The most exciting thing about this?  I am using the things I learned in college on a regular basis.  I never expected to actually use the curriculum stuff I had to learn to get my education degree.  Turns out that teaching isn't just for the classroom any more! (Which I've known for some time, I just wanted to make sure that you all were aware of it.)

Thanks for the help,

Mel C

No comments:

Post a Comment